Monday, January 23, 2012

Barbara's birthday party



It's always so hard to know what to call your stepmother! Stepmother or Stepmom always brings up pictures of Snow White, Cinderella and a bunch of other Disney characters that do not bring positive or loving connotations. Having lost my mother later in life and I'm not now being raised by Barbara, Mom seems wrong as well. And so I think of her as my "other Mother". The Mother who I have on earth right now because she is married to my Dad. And who could ask for a better "other Mother"? No one I promise you. Aileen loves Grandma Barbara and for that I am truly grateful. Barbara and I were also friends before Dad starting dating her and married her, so in this sense my Stepmother is truly my friend - what a gift. So it was my pleasure to have a little party to celebrate her birthday with our family! Thanks to everyone who could come.






Opening presents...




Barbara and David




The birthday cake - and bday flowers




Barbara and her sisters Tootie and Beverly




Grandma Barbara and Aileen




Tootie's Girls - Lauren and Taylor




Elizabeth and Lois - Art was there too!




Alan and my nephew, Steven Brown, who is living with us until his family can move here from Chicago - has a job in Dallas! Yay! More family close by!!

No comments: