Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Printing large photographs at kinkos



(Hard to take a picture of a picture without the flash showing up....so I took a couple to give you the idea, I hope)



I did something at Kinko's for one of my Sunday School lessons and I have gotten more questions about how I did this then almost any other thing I have ever done. So I thought I would share.


We had our family pictures taken over the summer. And we got a DVD with all the picture options on it with a release form from the photographer to show that I had permission to print them wherever I wanted i.e. Walmart, Kinko's etc...

I took the DVD to Kinko's to the self help area and then asked for help - so they only charged me the $5.95 or $6.95 (can't remember which) if you do this yourself. I used a picture that was already B&W, but even if it is color it will only print B&W. And any color photo that I have had printed turns out nicely as a B&W. I think Kinko's has another way to print in color large sized, but I have never done this, but might be worth asking the question though. And as stated before I had copyright permission to use the picture with me so they could see I had permission to print it out.


You go the machine that copies architect blue print size copies. You say what size you want to print - I did 24 x 36 but you can do any size 16 x 24 maybe even 36 x 36. But I knew they had frames for 24 x 36 so that is the size I made so I didn't have to have a custom frame. I got the frame on sale for $25.00 so the whole picture cost about $32.00. You make sure the settings on the machine are for photo. And then you print it out and it looks just like a large photograph. But its a copy on copy paper!


You can also take a 8x10 photograph/picture and just slide it through the machine on the same settings - choose your size of paper/and make sure it is on photo -- and it prints out large size copies. So you don't have to have a DVD, but I think the picture is better qaulity because it came straight from the DVD.



It's one of the coolest things I have done in a long time!!

No comments: