Sunday, January 29, 2012

Playing Cards! Movies! and Books!




Playing Cards is one of my most favorite things, next to seeing movies and reading books!! With our nephew Steve here we had fun this weekend by playing the Brown traditional card game of Shang-hi!! We wanted to spend some time having fun with him because - hooray, he leaves on Thursday to go get his family from Chicago and move them here to Allen, Texas. Which means he will no longer be living with us! We are very happy for him. I will say he has been the perfect house guest!! Since we were going to be playing cards, I gave Alan his Valentines Day present early!! Notice the cards, they have our family picture on them!! Thanks Shutterfly.com. I actually gave these same decks of cards to the girls and John for Christmas presents and they loved them. I was able to get them 1/2 price before Christmas. But didn't feel we should get us some right at that time, but when the kids came after Christmas and we got the cards out, they were shocked that we didn't have any of our fun family photo cards. So that has been corrected!! Happy Valentines sweetie!!



Also this week Aland and I were able to see a couple of movies. Alan and I went to see on Wednesday afternoon "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" I liked it and thought it was incredibly sad in some places. Alan didn't enjoy it at all. It was not what we thought it was going to be, but I'm glad that we went.



Thursday night my girlfriends and I saw "The Iron Lady" which once again, was not what I thought it would be but was incredibly good. So amazing. I kept expecting to see Meryl Streep, but all i saw was Margaret Thatcher!! An amazing performance!!



Then Friday, Alan and I both had been waiting impatiently for the movie "One for the Money" by one of our favorite authors, Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum books are laugh out loud funny and they made the 1st book into a movie - there are 18 in all!! I read one of the Stephenie Plum books to Alan while we were traveling somewhere in the car - I think it was number 10. He loved it so much and thought it was so funny that he went back and read all of them and has kept current with the new releases. We really enjoyed the show!! They never have enough time in the movie to really develop some of the characters that we wish they could have, but all in all we enjoyed it very much!!

Traveling in the Car to Utah is when I read the Hunger Games to Alan. Which he as read on his own twice more and cannot wait for the movie to come out in March!!

I've started a new series of books -The Jack Reacher Novels- I'm on book 5 now and have really enjoyed these even though they are kind of a "guys book" I like the intrigue and mystery and the solving of the crimes.

No comments: