Thursday, January 12, 2012

From Alan

Alan had this very neat observation regarding our son-in-law John, and I want it in my journal, and since my blog is my journal - here it is!!


"Hi John and Marianne,"

"I feel impressed to share with you the special experience I had watching John at the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl. I've put off emailing you but the feeling continues so I need to say this. Thank you for raising such a fine young man."

"Watching how hard John worked during the game was impressive. He was all over the field and sidelines making sure the players got what they needed. To see a young man that committed and focused on his future career makes me as Allison's father feel very secure that she made the right decision to marry John."

"At a time when many men are failing to take care of their families, It is very comforting to know that John is focused on a professional career and taking care of his family. I can't tell you how much peace of mind that brings to Lois and I."

"I want you to know that we have NEVER been in any doubt about John. He just keeps showing us how special he really is."

"Just thought you would like to know."
"Alan"

This came back from the Rexes:

"Alan,"

"Your note really touched our hearts. Thank you for sharing your confidence in John. He’s a good young man and knows how to work hard – especially on those things he’s passionate about, and this line of work is one of them. We are so grateful that he and Allison found one another. Marianne and I look at each other pretty much every day and thank our Heavenly Father that the two of them love each other and complement one another so well. Thank you to both you and Lois for the great in-laws you are! We know how much you love and care for these terrific kids!!"

"Warmly,"
"John & Marianne"




Photo of John by Allison Rex Photography

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww how sweet. I hope that one day my boys will find "Allison's" to marry!