Friday, March 5, 2010

It's her day!!!!!



Yep! Today is Aileen's day. She was born 25 yrs ago, weighing 2.5 lbs and born at not quite 28 weeks. She was very sick and they had to keep her sedated so that she wouldn't fight the respirator. They hadn't done that with my 1st preemie baby and so it was scary. In fact sometimes I wonder if they shouldn't have done that and that is what caused her disability because they didn't do that with my 3rd preemie baby either......but she was very still when I would go stay with her in ICU. I remember Alan giving me a blessing promising that I would be able to raise Aileen and the joy I felt with that promise from my Heavenly Father, and it has been a complete Joy! If she was not part of our family we, but mainly me, would have missed out on so many lessons in life, blessings, and the knowledge of what unconditional love feels like to receive and to give! I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father sent her to me! Happy Birthday Aileen Brown!

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Happy Birthday Aileen!!!

John and Allison said...

Yay for Aileen!!

John and Allison said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of Aileen when she was little, by the way!

Lois Brown said...

mine too, Allison!