Sunday, March 7, 2010

6 months ago today......


I was sitting in Church writing out my tithing check when I realized the Date, and realized that today was the 6 month anniversary of my mother's death. Interestingly enough I had already bought some cute pinwheels and some flowers to put on her grave last week even before I realized that today would be a milestone. I just happened (and I know there wasn't anything 'just happened' about it) to be standing in line at a store getting some items for a RS activity I was having Thursday night and I saw the pinwheels and I thought I should get one for each of my girls to put on my mom's grave.....so I did (I'm so grateful that both of my parents taught me to follow those promptings from the spirit when you have them) and so when today happened and and the shocking truth hit me, I was able to after church take Aileen to the cemetery and put the flowers and pinwheels on her grave..... and it did make me feel better! Then we sat and watched the pinwheels blow in the wind and thought of many memories of my mother. It was a beautiful Sabbath!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

wow, 6 months already...I know it's not easy but you have handled it beautifully!