Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Dad is Engaged!!!! I know, crazy right?

But it is true! And I am very excited and happy for him! This is the email he sent to all of his children, and his brothers and sisters on Tuesday 3-2-10:


"Barbara has accepted my proposal of marriage and engagement ring. We are both so very happy. We plan on getting married in the Dallas Texas Temple Saturday June 19, 2010 with an afternoon reception at the stake center the same day.

Barbara is such a magnificent person. Very kind and thoughtful, extremely beautiful, very spiritual and for some reason can find it within her heart to fall in love with me. Maybe because she teaches 3 & 4 year old emotionally disturbed and autistic children she figures she can handle me as well.

Anyway we are both so very excited and cannot wait for school to get out so we can move forward with our marriage. Our hope is you can share in our happiness. Barbara’s two son’s and sisters are very excited and have welcomed me into their family with open arms.

We will be visiting Edward and his family the weekend of April 24th and would like for those living in Utah get a chance to meet her sometime while we are there.

Much Love

Dad / Dean"


So, within a years time, there will have been so many changes in my life, its almost hard to believe sometimes. But I have been richly blessed with all of those changes. It was a year ago in March that Allison announced "I'm Engaged!!!" so it has been a very full year!

1 comment:

Mona said...

How exciting my friend! Dale's father, who just passed away, was GREATLY blessed by his marriage to Janet ten years ago. They were everything to each other -- companionship and love is more important at that stage of life than any other I think.