Sunday, March 7, 2010

ROAD TRIP.....


Friday, was Aileen's and my ROAD TRIP to Dallas!

That afternoon I picked Aileen up early from her Adult Day Care but 1st brought cookies for everyone to celebrate Aileen's b-day.



Then as everyone knows you have to get a drink for the road.....we stopped at a 7-11 and I pointed to all the pictures of the different flavors of Slurpee's and asked which Aileen would like to have......and she pointed to the blue Mountain Dew (I do believe that was in honor of going to see and spend time with Aunt Elizabeth as diet Mountain Dew is Elizabeth's drink of choice!)

My hair dresser that I have been going to recently is in Dallas -- and last week when I got my color and trim, the last of my perm was cut off! She scheduled me for the following Friday for a perm and I knew that I would not want to be without one for long....its too hard to fix my hair when there is no perm!

Elizabeth, my sister, was also getting her hair fixed that day so she said that she would take care of Aileen for me while I was getting my hair done. Hence the Road trip..... Well, Aileen loved it. She got to go shopping at Target with Aunt Elizabeth and push the cart, then they went to Wendy's and had dinner. When she brought Aileen back to the Salon, she was very happy.


(yeah, I know that doesn't look happy, but for Aileen that is happy! You just have to know how to read autism! Which is why when she really does smile and giggle and laugh it is so beautiful...rare but beautiful!)

When we got home and Alan came out to help me get everything into the house, he asked Aileen if she had had a good time shopping with Aunt Elizabeth and she started giggling! Laughing out loud! It's always so cute when that happens. So it was a special trip and a special time spent with her Aunt Elizabeth!