Sunday, March 21, 2010

San Antonio Temple for spring break....

Barbara, my Dad, and myself decided that while Barbara was on spring break we wanted to go through a temple that we have not been through before, so it was between the Houston Temple and the San Antonio Temple. The San Antonio temple won out this time because Deborah, Barbara's sister ended up not being able to go with us and Houston is the one that we were going to see with her. Dad voted that we go to San Antonio so that we could stop in Lockhart and visit my Aunt LouRae (my dad's sister) and Uncle Lynn and so that they could met Barbara and then have them join us in a session at the Temple as well. I do not know what the Houston Temple is like.....but I am so glad we went to the San Antonio Temple. I have never seen such a beautiful temple inside! It really is stunning! Stain glass everywhere. A waterfall, fountain in the main entrance all the details are just amazing. It was gorgeous! I am really glad I got to see this temple and next time my children come home, I am definitely going to try to get them down there to see how amazing it is!



While in Lockhart, my Aunt and Uncle took us to lunch to a Texas Landmark barbecue place called Krewz Market. It has been in all the magazines as one of the top barbecue places and has been around since 1900. When you walk in your mouth just waters from the smell of barbecued meat! Then when you order, they hand it to you in brown butcher paper and only give you napkins and knives. You cut off what you want to eat and eat with your fingers.....very interesting experience....really good meat.....and now I can say I have been there done that. And even on a Thursday, during the daytime, in the small town of Lockhart, there was a long line we had to wait in to be served!



It was a beautiful day, with lots of laughter, good stories, good memories, family and the Temple! It was a break I definitely needed.

Alan teased me and asked if I was a 3rd wheel and did I invite myself along with Barbara and Dad.....to which I informed him that Barbara and Deborah and I had this planned and then I saw my Dad looking so forlorn like "you mean you are going somewhere without me?" and so I invited him along. So technically, my Dad was the 3rd wheel. Funny!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun trip. We stopped by the SA temple on our trip there last year but didn't have time to go in. You are right...it is beautiful as all temples are.