Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hail, Hail, go away......

Here in Texas we have been having awesome weather while all the rest of the country is having snow, snow, and more snow.  The other day I saw on the News that Austin had a hail storm and when they showed pictures it looked like it had snowed there was so much hail on the ground.  And I was surprised!

Well, I'm not anymore.  I went to Tyler Friday to help my daughter and see my granddaughter and ended up staying the night and getting up early this morning to drive home.  About 40 minutes into the trip home it started getting darker and darker, then all of a sudden there were rain drops, then all of a sudden hail and I don't mean just a little hail I mean pounding flash flood type of hailing....so much so that all the traffic on the highway pulled over to the side of the road and tried to get under highway passes with their cars and trucks. I really thought I would have a broken windshield before it was all over!!  and after 10 - 15 minutes when it was all over....you would have thought it had snowed 3 inches....but it was much more dangerous because your car tires were having to break through solid ice!

 
I hope I never have to go through that again.  But I am very grateful for Heavenly Father's protection, and that the car appears to be o.k., and that I made it home safely!

No comments: