Monday, March 11, 2013

Old fogies can line dance too!!!

Saturday night was the High Priest Group Social in in our Church and that usually means the older people in our ward/congregation!  Sometimes you have younger ones in the group that have gotten certain leadership callings in our church......and we use to be the younger ones....but now we are the older ones....but they(the men/High Priest) planned a really fun evening and they really did plan everything and make everything....it was great!

They had a potato and salad bar for dinner, and believe me I figured out how many calories a loaded bake potato was before I went....and it was heavenly.

Then for entertainment and fun we had a couple from our Stake, come and teach us line dancing!  Now I didn't get pictures of everyone, but we had a pretty good crowd out there trying to shake a leg!!

Thanks Alan for helping to plan such a fun evening, even if we found out that you should NOT line dance Sunday morning....line dancing and plantar fasciitis do not go together!!

The only bad thing about these pictures is I realized I am still really fat....even with loosing 29 lbs!  But I'm working on it!  That's what I keep telling myself!!

This was a good workout!!  And those dancing even if you can not see them....Shelby and Kirk Denti; Yensy and Bruce Willden; Scott and Laura Brackney; us(Alan & Lois); Bro & Sis. Allen; Bro. & Sister Peterson; Bro. and Sister Chapman; Chuck Malone; John Wurz; and I can't remember who else, I might have missed someone....but it was a lot of fun and those that didn't dance watched and were their for the dinner; John and Mirta Brown; Barbara & Dean Clay; Betty & Keith Willden; Bessie and Jerry Treber; Linda and Rob Davila; Dana Wurz; and Carol Malone (because of her hurt foot).

Alan was in charge of the dancing!  he did good!!







No comments: