Thursday, March 21, 2013

If you exercise she will come.....

This is the sign that Alan wanted to have hung in our home across the banister....because John does bribe us with grandparent privileges to get us to exercise. He told us that if we exercised they would come up on Wednesday of spring break week instead of waiting until Friday night or Saturday.....so we made sure that we exercised.....and since Alan is the one that kind of slacks off a little, I made sure he exercised, because I told him he was not going to be the reason that Charlotte couldn't come to visit early!!

So he did, I did, and she did come!!  And it was such a joy to have Charlotte, John, and Allison here!


It was really fun because Charlotte, and Allison, and John all went walking with me!  Charlotte looked just as cute as she could in her hoodie, getting ready to go for a ride in her stroller.  I was really impressed that Allison could run with the stroller since it has been quite a while since she has exercised/run/walked having just given birth to Miss Charlotte not that long ago!!

 
I was even heard to say "Best Spring Break Ever...." in the same breath that I said "we have to go walking now".  Which is really pretty amazing.
And on Wednesday and Friday I walked my first 4 miles ever with Thursday 2 and Saturday 3.  So if you add Monday and Tuesday's 2 miles each....I walked a total of 17 miles that week.   When I thought I was doing outstanding walking 10 a week!!  I will say the walking part is getting easier, but the stairs and other exercises that I have to do are NOT!!

For this week I lost 2 more lbs. for a total of 31 lbs in 6 weeks.  Alan stayed the same and so did Aileen.  But the good news they didn't gain....Alan knew he had not watched his calories the way he should have....so we were just glad he didn't gain.

John re-worked our exercise program.....ugggh!  But its working so who am I to complain!

No comments: