Saturday, April 28, 2012

College of Fine Arts Convocation





I shared in my last post the enormity of the moment I felt at the Commencement Exercises at the Marriott Center on Thursday in my previous post.  Other mother's that were there felt it too.....John's Mom asked me if I cried, to which I said, of course!  I asked Cindy Skinner, if she cried Thurs. at the Marriott Center when I saw her on Friday waiting for the convocation to start and she said yes to that as we talked about what an amazing moment in time that was!  So I know it wasn't just me, it was a huge thing.   But to me just as exciting as anything that happened at the Marriott Center on Thursday, was the College of Fine Arts Convocation Exercises on Friday where we actually got to see Allison walk across the stage and get her Diploma from the Deans of her school!!  Maybe more so.  It was really nice that it was a little more intimate!  It was great because the program was awesome with everyone graduating in theatre, dance, and music you know there are going to be some awesome performances, and there were!  But mainly, this is when all our family was coming to be a part of the experience!  Alan's mother, Grandma Brown Jackson came, my brother Edward, Anne Marie was able to be off work and class and come for this special day, Aileen, Alan, and I were all there and most importantly to Allison - John was with us as well!!  He had the good camera and took pictures so when I get those I will upload those but for now we will go with what I have!!  It was a thrill to watch her walk across the stage!!  Well done, Allison!! 

Seated waiting for exercises to begin - Aileen, Uncle Edward, John, Anne Marie, Alan, and Grandma Brown Jackson.
Excitement of meeting for the first time - excitment of going in to see Allison Graduate


No comments: