Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drive-in movie!



Saturday conference was so spiritually emotional for me that I was exhausted from tears of knowing and finding truths through General Conference Saturday. Alan and my Dad where planning on going to the Priesthood Session together and when Mom was alive this was a time that Grandma, Aileen, and I would go do something together like eating dinner out.

I got a phone call from MaryAnn Stephens who said, "I would love to take Aileen and you to a Drive-in Movie tonight!! Well, I think Aileen would have been very disappointed in me if I had not said YES!! We would love to go! So I got Aileen dressed in her PJ's and gathered up a bag of essentials for Aileen going to the Drive-in (Diet Coke, blanket, lightweight jacket etc.) and away we went!!



It was a groupon coupon that MaryAnn had gotten to a Drive-in in Granbury. On the drive over we talked about so many things and one of the things she said is that she missed having Jessie around because they use to go do things during the Priesthood Session together! I thought it was kind of neat that we were both filling each other's need to have someone to be with during that time!!




The movie was "Mirror, Mirror" which Aileen loved and watched every minute of, ate popcorn as she wanted and drank Diet Coke, and even leaned over and gave me a kiss because we were doing something so fun!! I told MaryAnn later that that was probably MaryAnn's kiss, but that I was just the one by her!! She liked the 7 Dwarfs, my favorite was Chuck! another fun thing about the Drive-in is that everyone clapped when the Prince kissed the bride (Snow White).....and everyone was yelling "don't do it" when Snow White looked like she was going to take a bite out of the apple!! Kind of fun to see it when everyone feels free to applaud and warn - out loud!!


And Aileen and I both agreed that Anne Marie will love the ending because it breaks out into a Ballywood wedding musical!! I know she will love that!!

No comments: