Thursday, April 5, 2012

This week, how do you spell Texas - TORNADO!!

I'm not going to lie, I have lived in many states that have Tornadoes and are part of what is called Tornado alley, Kansas, Georgia, Texas, but Tuesday afternoon was about as stressed out and nervous as I have ever been. Having been a Kansas girl most of my life when the Tornado sirens go off, we just went on about our business, or went outside and got on the roof looking for the tornado - saying 'Where is it, I don't see a tornado'

But 15 tornadoes in a matter of 5 hrs and all in areas close by us - yes as close as 5 miles one touched down, but then Arlington/Mansfield area, where I have family that lives, then Plano, more family, then Rowlette, more family, then they said it was headed towards Allen, yes, more family!!! So just checking on everyone and keeping my eyes peeled on the TV for news was exhausting.

All of our patients cancelled at the Doctors office so we closed the office at 2:15 and I went home and felt safe with my husband!!

Thanks to friends and family that called to check to see if we were o.k.! Happily the answer was yes!! But there was a lot of damage done to the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. So grateful no deaths!

pictured is one of the many tornado's in Texas!!


The ironic thing is Wednesday was a gorgeous spring day!! They always say "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a day".

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Scary! So glad you are ok!