Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oil in my lamp!



In earlier posts I told about the musical parable I was a part of "The Ten Virgins". Someone had mentioned that we were going to get to keep the lamps they had made for each of us as a gift for being in the program, but then, I think someone worried that they had turned in receipts to the stake, so they didn't feel they should give the lamps to us. It's a silly thing, and didn't really matter but a friend of mine (Linda Davila) called to see if she could get a copy of some of the words from the script for a young lady that was getting baptized and I said I no longer had the script and that it was copyrighted and that we had permission to perform it etc.... but that we had to turn everything back in. She said "Oh, that's too bad", and I jokingly said, "I know, we didn't even get to keep our lamps!!" And I never thought another thing about the conversation. I was just being humours and I have been planning on buying the CD of the music even if I can't have the performance CD, I can have the songs to sing along with in my car, etc...



Thursday night Linda Davila called and said, "Are you going to be home for a while?" "And can I come by" of course I said, "sure!!"



She brought me a surprise - my own lamp! What a thoughtful thing for her to do and very unexpected!! But that is Linda! She always does the thoughtful unexpected thing!!



This is a nice reminder that I need to make sure that I fill my lamp with oil often so I will be ready when the Bridgroom comes - "...for we know neither the day nor the hour wherein the son of man commeth."

No comments: