Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend!!

Friday, Good Friday, we fed the missionaries and finished all our preparations for Easter!!

Saturday morning I was asked by the adorable Annabelle Sanchez to play the piano at her Baptism! What a great way to celebrate Easter - by getting baptized! She will always remember her Baptism as it will forever be associated with Easter!



Saturday afternoon, was a family Easter Egg Hunt at Aunt Beverly's house, and Aileen was geared up to go and really liked finding the eggs when she realized money was in them instead of candy!! She had a great time!!









Saturday evening was an Adult dinner for our Ward/church and it was nice to go and socialize with everyone and we had live entertainment with some getting up and dancing!! It was great fun and I enjoyed getting to visit with people when you can laugh and tell stories like you never get to do on Sunday!



Sunday morning was fun to see Aileen get her Easter Basket and go right for the Diet Coke. She really isn't into candy too much, so we got her Diet Coke, Pop tarts, pudding, and gummy life savers all her favorites and I swear I heard her say "Now, that's what I'm takin' about"!!





The Easter Bunny brought all her favorite: Diet Coke, pudding, pop tarts, and gummy life savers.

Sacrament meeting was awesome! The talk about the Atonement was wonderful, the choir presentation was so moving and beautifully performed, especially the duet by two men who can sing - and I mean, they can sing!! The spirit was really felt today. And I helped sing the descant to "Christ The Lord is Risen Today" which closed the meeting and it was nice to be a part in a small way of the Choir program. My Lesson in Gospel Doctrine went well, but it really wasn't an Easter Lesson, so I showed one of the new bible videos the Church is making "He is Risen" and it was beautifully done and a good moment to have in class!!

Then I wanted to have My Dad and Barbara over so that I would have a special Easter dinner for Aileen. I think that she gets robbed sometimes being with us old fuddy duddies (me and Alan) that say, "Oh, we don't need to decorate" or "We don't need to fuss over a nice dinner" But Aileen does need that so I knew if I invited my Dad and Barbara over I would go to the effort to Celebrate Easter with a beautiful dinner and it was a wonderful time. Tootie and her girls came over too and it was a nice way to close out the weekend!!

No comments: