Monday, April 30, 2012

The extra special something......

The extra special something of Graduation weekend was that I was able to meet up with some special people that I have not been able to see for many years!!  We traded cell phone numbers and hoped that maybe we might just accidentally be able to see each other!

While waiting at the Marriott Center on Thursday, Ramona Zabriskie and I were able to catch up!!  We were in the same dorm at Heritage Halls our Freshman year.  She was the first to get married, so of course we always remember the first one to do that....and then several years later we ended up in the same Ward in Murray, Utah, with both of us having disabled daughters!  She has a very inspirational blog on marriage with a huge following, she and her husband wrote a musical on the Tree of Life that was performed at Education Week several years ago and she is currently writing a book on husband/wife relationship and I was so thrilled to get to see her again, in person after so many years!!

Friday, while waiting for the Fine Arts Convocation to start.....I had to go all the way to Provo, to see my friend Cindy Skinner, from Texas, but I'm so glad that I got to see her!!  Since both of our children have gone off to college we have not been able to find a time to get together and that is shameful!!  But you know you are good friends when it doesn't matter when you see each other...its like you've never been apart and it was nice to see each other and to watch both of our College Graduates walk across the stage!!

Cindy Skinner with her awesome kids!!

Most touching, because I wasn't sure I would actually get to meet up with her is my friend from Kansas, Teri Orr.  I grew up with her husband Dale, but didn't meet Teri until she married Dale and joined the church.  We ended up in the same Ward where I had the honor of being her very first Visiting Teacher!!  A true friendship that will last through the eternities was made with this woman that is so dear to me!!  We both got tears in our eyes when we saw each other.....and we just happened upon each other....we were coming out of the Harris Fine Arts Center having just finished Allison's graduation exercises, and they were just getting ready to go in for their graduation exercises for their daughter!!  It was perfect!  Teri is always perfect!  and it made the day perfect!!  I really miss getting to see her all the time but with facebook etc... we still can keep track of all that is going on with each other and our families!!

Alan & Lois, and Teri & Dale Orr

I call this post the extra special something, because I knew that the weekend was about John, Allison and Jessica graduating and I was not going to take away from them and their plans trying to meet up with my old friends, but if miracles of miracles we just happened to run into each other at places that we were all going to be anyway............wouldn't that be something...........and it really was!!!

No comments: