Sunday, April 15, 2012

TOFW 2012 - Part II - Bad hair, bad, bad, hair!!

This picture is of a "GOOD HAIR DAY" (Today as a matter of fact)

O.K. funny story...... this is not the funny part, but Wednesday, I got very sick -- how or from where I know not....Thursday I had to work all day because the Doctor's wife needed the morning off, so I took big time cold medicine and powered through. By Friday morning there was no powering through, I couldn't sleep, my alarm in my head went off at 4:00 am because when I have to be to work at 7:30 am on Friday's that is when I get up to type transcriptions for the doctor....so I showered and washed my hair, blew it dry, put the big Velcro curlers in my hair that you put in to then heat up with your hair dryer, let them cool, and then take out for volume....but because I need a hair cut and my hair is long, I just leave them in for a few hrs while I type. Well, when I finished typing, I realized, I just need to go back to bed, so I called in sick, then went back to bed.......slept until about 2:00 pm when I decided I better get up and start getting ready to go to TOFW, because a few of us decided we were going to eat out before at the "Cheesecake Factory" as that is in Arlington and only about 15 minutes away from the Convention Center. By now, I'm feeling much better and like I will live after all so I get all dressed up and start to fix my hair......now comes the funny part.........I pull out all the curlers, throw my head of hair upside down and blow my hair like this with the hair dryer - while my head is still upside down, I grab the "Big Sexy Hairspray" and go crazy spraying my hair......but wait a minute something doesn't seem quite right..........I come up from my bent over position to standing and look in the mirror and I have just sprayed moose all over my hair and it is all foamy white!!! I did not just do that......Oh, yes, I did. so I call my friend, MaryAnn, and tell her what I did and she just starts laughing and while she is laughing and gasping for breath she says "I'm so sorry" It seems a little hard to believe that she really means it as she is laughing her head off, but because I know her and her heart.....I know that she really is feeling sorry for me....but just can't stop laughing....at which point I bust up laughing too.....so I try to salvage the hair because I don't have time to redo everything. And that my friends is how you get "BAD HAIR DAY" for TOFW even though it took you hours to get it that way!!! Only me!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL...as a friend of course :)