Thursday, April 26, 2012

Graduation could not have been more perfect!!

At one point, Allison and John had discussed not walking for Graduation because of expense, hastle, etc... both sets of parents new that this was their right as Adults to make this decision, but we did counsel, that they might be sorry if they didn't celebrate this time in their lives, and Allison might say, that I insisted strongly encouraged her to walk, and I am so glad that they decided to do this.  This is purely selfish on my part it seems but I hope that they felt the hugeness of this moment too.  The big Commencement Exercises that happened in the Marriott Center really was a moment that parents never forget!  First, there were 6,000 students graduating either with PhD's, Masters, or Bachelors degrees.  To watch that sea of blue come into the center and fill up a large portion of the Marriott was moving, but I have to tell you the moment that really got me was when Elder Samuelson asked in this order.....Will all those who are getting their Doctoral degrees please stand, then he asked if all those receiving their Master degrees would please stand, (both groups in this context were relatively small in comparison to what came next) then he asked if all those who were receiving their Bachelor degrees please stand.....and when those thousands of students stood, I cried as I watched, and said to myself, I'm so thankful that Allison and John gave me this moment in time that will be such an amazing memory!!  And a moment to be proud of all they have accomplished and will yet accomplish!  It really was an awe inspiring moment!!


To not fight the crowds for pictures we got up early Saturday to take pictures - they were good sports!!

I love this picture - it's too cute and definately like John!!

The only bad thing about this picture is that Anne Marie had a test Saturday morning and so could not be there for pictures....
More to follow!

No comments: