Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

We had a great time with Allison, John, and Charlotte this weekend!! The only thing that would have made it better for me, is if Anne Marie could have been with us too!

I spent Thursday evening getting ready for them to come, stocking the house with food, and making sure bathrooms and beds were ready and then excitedly tried to get through Friday work, and Friday afternoon V.T. until they were here!!

The first thing we did was go walking, we took Aileen with us too and Allison stayed back with her and walked with her slower and not as far.  But John, Charlotte, and I walked 3 miles with him warning me we were going to go 5 miles on Saturday!

By then Dad/Alan was off work and we hit Subway, got Charlotte ready for bed, and then played cards!!  John and Allison together are a dangerous team to be up against!! They are just too good!!

John brought a new toy to torture me with....it measures my body fat so we will know my percentage of body fat I've lost or some such thing....I just know I didn't like the number...but now John has something else to work with to plan my work-out needs!!

Saturday morning, John and I headed out early and did our 5 miles, Allison and I ran errands, and then we took Charlotte for her first time to the Zoo!!  This really was a way to get Dad/Alan to walk without him really knowing thats what we were doing....and we walked 2 miles at the Zoo!  So that made 7 miles for me! Whoohoo!

 
 
Aileen enjoyed seeing the animals, it has probably been since she was in school that she had been to the zoo and believe it or not Alan and I had never been!  Its a really nice zoo and I was glad that we finally went. 

When we got home from the zoo, I had had a pot roast in the oven all afternoon, and boy did it smell great when we got home and it tasted good too and we were ready to eat!!

Saturday night Grandma and Grandpa Clay stopped by to say hi and it was fun that all the guys were together to watch WSU win against Ohio State and now WSU is going to the Final Four for March Madness!!  It brought back memories of going to the WSU games growing up and after we were married with my parents.  They had season tickets and that was there date night!!  So many memories.  Alan graduated from WSU so we are pretty excited about this at our house!!

And of course we played cards!!

Sunday was Easter, and Charlotte and Aileen had new Easter outfits.  Since we are all on diets no candy was put in Easter baskets but fun things like the DVD Les Miserables was given to everyone and a case of diapers etc... so it was still a good Easter!
This is so you can see shoes and all that match!!
This shows some of the dress and sweater details
she looked so beautiful!!
 
Aileen looks so grown up!
I put the ham in the oven before we left for church and once again when we came home the home smelled yummy and we were ready to eat, but we managed to keep our manners and wait for Grandma and Grandpa Clay to get here and had a lovely family Easter dinner.  But by then we knew that Aileen was sick and not feeling well, so she was in bed and sleeping and missing dinner, and if you know Aileen at all that means she was sick!  She loves to eat!




Four generations!!  Awesome!
Anne Marie called while we were all together so we all got to talk to her grandparents and all!!

Originally we were going to go to Aunt Beverly's for the traditional egg hunt, Aileen enjoys this, and it would have been Charlotte's first egg hunt, but since Aileen was sick we stayed home.  Played another game of Canasta, yes John and Allison beat us again, and then they headed home to Tyler!!



Because we couldn't make it to the Egg hunt, I was really touched when Barbara came by afterwards with a cute bucket of goodies for Aileen and the cutest little lamb for Charlotte!  Aunt Beverly wanted to make sure they got their surprises anyway!  I just love that!  So loving and thoughtful!

And other than Aileen getting sick and acting like her leg hurt from all the walking we made her do, it was a perfect weekend!!

No comments: