Thursday, April 25, 2013

A big day for Texas!!

Today was the dedication of the George W. Bush Library at SMU in Dallas, Texas!  Five (5) former and current presidents were in attendance!  That is a historical moment!  I cannot wait to go through a tour of this amazing Library because all the reports are that this is an interactive incredible library.  I am such a huge history buff, and I have been to many Presidential Libraries, but I really loved President Bush, I really felt that he was a Christian man who always tried to do what was right.  When I was teaching Early Morning Seminary at his inauguration, I loved how the news reported that he started his day with scripture study, and not just that day but every day!  I used that example in one of my lessons!  Anyway, here is an article by NBC News to read about it (Click Here). and the pictures are courtesy of Facebook (click here).  So many things like 9/11; the war in Afghanistan and Hurricane Katrina happened during his watch and I really enjoyed reading his book and finding out what went through his mind, and his thinking behind his decision, and how some of his cabinet that I liked, finding out that they really didn't help him.  I think it will be interesting to see more about these Historic events than we already know.

President Regan will always be my favorite President, but then I would say George W. Bush would be next, then George H. Bush.  And I really really think Laura Bush was a class act!  I also enjoyed reading Barbar Bush's autobiography on her husband's presidency.  My least favorite would have to be Clinton because he had no morals whatsoever, but right on his heels would be Pres. Obama. No, I take that back, I think Obama is ruining our country.  He wins least favorite.   President Carter, I don't think was a very good leader but he was a religious man who always tried to do the right thing I think.  Anyway, I had to put this historical moment in my personal history!

L to R:  Mrs. & President Obama; Barbara & George H. Bush; George W.
 & Laura Bush.
 
L to R:  Bill & Hillary Clinton; Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter
 


Pictures courtesy of Facebook and Fox News - see link above.

No comments: