Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend with the boys.....

Our Nephews Logan and Tytan got to come and spend the weekend with us while their Dad was out of town.  We were excited to have them come and enjoyed every minute!!

Friday night after basketball practice Aunt Elizabeth brought them to our house and we played a game of Canasta  and Elizabeth and Tytan really clobbered Logan and me!!


Saturday morning Logan got up early with me and went walking with me and I have to say that was really fun to have him be my walking buddy....and the last 1/4 of a mile that we walked we jogged!  Yay for me, its getting a little easier, of course I couldn't lose face in front of my nephew!


Then we all went to lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Barbara at "The Cotton Patch" where we were so pleased to find out that Chris and Ashley had stopped by for a visit so they came to lunch too!!  It was a good visit.




Bowling was next on the agenda and Aileen loved every minute of being with her cousins and bowling and she got several strikes!!  While there the boys also got to play some games in the game room.


After all that Logan and Alan decided they needed naps, and Tytan and I played cards again! 

 
Tonight was our respite care night for Aileen so I picked up Ms. Vera, and then the boys joined Alan and I on our date night where we ate at "Panda Express" and then went to see the "GI Joe" movie.  While waiting for the movie to start there were really long stairs in the theatre and Tytan said "Is it o.k. if I walk up and down the stairs", and it made me realize that I hadn't done my stairs for exercise today so I did my exercises there in the theatre --- now that is multitasking at its best!  John would have been proud!

 

Now Alan is helping Logan with his homework and Tytan is patiently waiting for us to be able to play one more round of Canasta.

Alan is going to church with the boys tomorrow in their ward in Plano, because Logan has a meeting with the Bishop about becoming a Priest, and Tytan has a interview about being Baptized - which everyone in our family is incredibly excited about!!

It was fun to hear about prom, basketball, weight lifting, school, Tytan is getting all A's - you gotta love that, Scouts, Priesthood and Baptism, and it really has been an awesome weekend hanging out with the boys!!

No comments: