Monday, April 1, 2013

Sunday's in Tyler.....

There really is nothing sweeter than being with our granddaughter and children in Tyler on a Sunday afternoon!  I know I had just got back from going on Friday, last Saturday, but Alan hadn't been, and I had to get the correct size of dress for Charlotte, and Tyler's Gymboree didn't have it but Ft. Worth's did, so I exchanged that Easter dress for Allison and needed to get it back to her.  Plus, I had a spare bread machine and since Allison is nursing Charlotte and has to stay off of Dairy and Soy because Charlotte is allergic, she needs to make her own bread......so I wanted to get that to her as quickly as possible too, so there were legitimate reasons to go....but really quite frankly whenever our kids invite us down.....WE ARE THERE!!  So last Sunday, after having just been there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.  We were there again!!  lol!   It makes me giggle sometimes!

I did think it was humorous though, that on Easter Sunday they were shocked to see me not go up to sing with the choir.....and they even asked why not?.....to which I said, "I haven't been in town Sunday afternoons to go to choir practice", to which they then kind of guiltily smiled and said...."ohhhh!"

But I didn't feel guilty at all, I think for this time in my life, being with my granddaughter is exactly where I should be!!
Hoodie, Stroller, Sunglasses, Grandma - check!!
She's ready to go for a walk!!
We went for a Sunday walk, of course, because John is keeping track of me and because we all needed to walk, so we did our 2 miles....but I found out that in Tyler on the trail that we take there is a very very steep hill, I have lived in Utah so I can't really call it a mountain, but for Texas it was a Mountain and it felt every bit of a mountain as I tried to jog up it twice....I jokingly told John "that was really fun we should do that again", to which he said, "O.k."   Not on your life mister!!  But I did feel a sense of accomplishment having done it!!  But I have a feeling now that I have my new tennis shoes the kids got me next time we are walking in Tyler, I'm doing it 3 times!!

Which, by they way, here are the fabulous tennis shoes my kids got me for walking as my Easter present!!  If you look at the old ones you would have to wonder as I do, how did I ever get any walking done and not be in total pain.  I love my new shoes, they are so comfy, and I am able to be more secure in my jogging/walking efforts!!  Thank you so much love them and love you!!


Also, John is masterful with his bribes to exercise....if Alan and I lose 9 lbs again together in any combination, Charlotte will come for Easter!!  So I know I was all over that!!  I may have kept track of Alan a little more last week because of it!! lol!!  But I wanted my granddaughter to come for Easter!!

For week 8 - I lost 3 lbs for a total of 39 lbs ( I have to admit I was really working for 4 lbs so I could be an even 40...but oh, well) and Charlotte did come for Easter!! Yay!!  It was a great weekend and I'll post about that soon!!

No comments: