Saturday, April 6, 2013

Final Four - WSU - Go Team!!

I was so excited when I saw the Sports Illustrated magazine cover this week so I took a picture of it!!  March Madness has been Madness all right and been a lot of fun as always to see what happens.

Being a Kansas girl, when I do my brackets, especially when BYU is not in the tournament like this year, I am all about the teams from Kansas!!  In fact the year I won the office brackets was the year that I was the only one that had KU winning the whole thing.....and they did!!

I did feel bad that BYU wasn't in it at all this year....first time in a long time and I will always pick BYU at least for a few rounds, but they seem to be doing great in the tournament that they are playing in....the one for all the teams that didn't make it to March Madness, so good for them!

But the most exciting thing this year is Wichita State University (WSU) making it all the way to the Final Four and they played hard, or as their tag line goes they "Played Angry".  They gave Louisville a run for their money and almost won it!!  They really are the only team so far that Louisville has had to work hard to beat....and they almost lost!  I just had to say that!

Even though Alan and I both went to BYU and that is where we met, Alan ended up finishing his degree in Kansas after we were married at, you guessed it, WSU!!  Besides this being Alan's alma mater, I grew up watching WSU basketball games!  My parents had season tickets and we went to the games.  Growing up I remember watching Antoine Carr, Cliff Livingston, and Xavier Daniels. After we were married while Alan was attending there, we were able to take in a few, then you add that one of my best friends Dad was the team Doctor at the games, and that my stand partner in Orchestra in High School was a WSU Cheerleader well, you can see why this would be such an exciting time at our house!!  And that doesn't even take into account that I grew up in Wichita and you just have to cheer for the college in the town you grew up in!!

They did Shock the Nation!!  It was a really exciting ride! 

"Rip 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em h**l Shocks!"

No comments: