Monday, April 1, 2013

What are you doing???????

John who has made it happen!
Every one is asking me this question.   What are you doing to lose all your weight?  Its not a big secret and I have shared my exercise regimen with several people who have asked, so I decided to post it on my blog for 2 reasons.  My blog is my personal history that I print in book form later and I will want a record of this in my history.  Plus it will answer every one's questions about what my workout/diet is.  Another thing that I want to remind everyone is....I was very very overweight, so of course now that I'm working at it, it is coming off, whereas some of you that have been asking me are only 10 or 15 lbs overweight and that is always harder and slower to take off....I guess that is my disclaimer lol!!

Also, I am blessed that my son-in-law who is an Athletic Trainer (Sports Medicine) graduate from BYU, and who is getting his masters in the same, and works in his job as an athletic trainer was able to work out a plan specific for me even though that is not what he really does for his job, he has had the training and knows how....so this does come from someone who is knowledgeable about this.

I also told him that I had to see it come off fast, or I would probably not keep doing it...so he took that into consideration when he worked out my program.  Alan, because of his plantar fasciitis cannot walk much, so his exercise workout is different from mine, but still effective.

When I started this was my routine.

Monday
1 mile walk/run
10 x up and down stairs (using my own stairs in my house, up and down only counts as 1 time)
3 sets of 15 push-ups
3 sets of  15 squats
3 sets of 10 Dead Bugs
3 sets of Superman's

Tuesday
2 mile walk/run

Wednesday
1 mile walk/run
10 x up and down stairs
3 sets of 10 wall push ups
5 sets of 10 sit-ups
3 x 1 minute wall sits
3 sets of 20 sec. planks

Thursday
2 mile walk/run

Friday
1 mile walk/run
10 x up and down stairs
3 sets of 15 push-ups
3 sets of 15 squats
3 sets of 10 Dead Bugs
3 sets of Superman's

Saturday
2 mile walk/run

For my daily calorie intake - and that is all my diet is, is counting calories, we went to Livestrong.com and entered my weight, put down that my goal is to lose 2 lbs a week, with no exercising (because that raises your calories you can have and you don't want that) and then see how many calories I can have a day.....which as I lose weight my calories that I can eat a day changes every week.  Right now I can only have 1219 a day, which I am vigilant about keeping track of.

And most of all John said, no soda, which for me meant no Diet Coke!  That was a big deal for me it really was.  And drinking lots of water!!  At least 70 ozs a day.

At first I did not have any Diet Coke at all, then after several weeks I have allowed myself one or two a week but that is all!!  It still has to be a really good reason for me to drink it!! lol!

After a month my Routine became:

Monday
3 miles walking

Tuesday
2 miles walking
20 stairs
3 x 20 push-ups
3 x 15 squat-jumps
3 x 15 Dead Bugs
3 x 15 Superman's
4 x 25 Jumping Jacks

Wednesday
3 miles walking

Thursday
2 miles walking
20 stairs
3 x 20 wall push-ups
5 x 15 sit-ups
3 x 1 min. wall sits
3 x 20 sec. planks
100 calories burned on stationary bike

Friday
3 miles walking

Saturday
2 miles walking
20 stairs
2 x 20 push-ups
3 x 15 squat-jumps
3 x 15 Dead bugs
3 x 15 Superman's
4 x 25 jumping jacks

No comments: