Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A funny story.....

Well, at least its a funny story to me.  I saw this picture on Facebook and it made me laugh out loud because it brought back a memory.

When we lived in Kansas in the 90's all the Clay's lived in Kansas and almost all of us lived in Wichita.  So every Saturday we had girls night out at the movies.  We would go out to eat sometimes first, but we would always hit a movie!!  One night we were all standing in line and the line was so long because it was for a new James Bond movie, I think, and they had those velvet ropes out to keep people in a straight line.  Several of us were early (they would appreciate it if they remained nameless), and we were waiting for Jill my sister-in-law to get there and she comes to get in line with us and trips over the velvet rope.....to which none of us run to help her (although Anne Marie swears that she did) we all just start laughing!!  It was just so shocking and we felt so bad for her but all we could do was laugh..... and some nice man helped her up.  So a few years later Jill and I are going to a late late night movie and I almost trip down the hall and Jill says, "don't worry I'll just laugh at you!!" which I totally deserve, but that made me laugh too!!

I'm glad she loves me anyway.....and in my mind (inside joke)....... I love her too!!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Love this story, Lois!