Friday, August 31, 2012

Aileen has talent!

You've heard of the show "America's got Talent" well at our Church in Relief Society the President challenged us a month or so ago to try and realize our talents.  And to help us all do that as women, she asked us to write notes to each other of talents that we saw in each other.  And this month our Visiting Teachers delivered our notes to us so that we could read them.  Aileen got a bag of amazing notes and I would like to share them in my blog for my personal history!

Those of you who signed your names, thank you, and I hope you won't mind that I put your picture and name by your note to her......because it was so nice for Aileen to hear who they were from.  But whether they had a name to them or not.....she loved hearing what you all had to say to her!!  As her mother, I thank you for realizing what an amazing young woman she is and that even though in this life she cannot be and do what she would like to do with her body....that her spirit and her mind, is beautiful!!

And can I also add, that I did not get all my notes done, and as I witnessed this wonderful moment with my daughter in reading her, her notes, I was profoundly sad that I did not finish my notes to the women in our Ward so that you all could have known how wonderful Aileen and I think you are!


Aileen,
What a talent you have of bringing out the best in others!  Your gentle spirit prompts us to do more and be better.  You have a testimony and others can recognize that.  Thanks for helping us all to become more tolerant of differences.  Love you!


Aileen Brown,
You are able to recognize those who are sincere in their communications.  You communicate a powerful presence without using your voice, and I look forward to someday talking with the strong, sensitive, giving person that already exists.  - MaryAnn Stephens

Aileen Brown,
Sweet girl.  Precious both inside and outside.


Dear Aileen Brown,
Your love for the Savior is so noticeable.  I know when you are happy and I know how much you love music. Keep sharing with us the wonderful gift of celebration.    - Love, Rosa Tillman

Aileen Brown,
You have made our Ward members into the best people we could possibly be.  You are such a very special spirit that Heavenly Father has allowed us to know.  You have helped the young people learn love and compassion just by being around you.  You are our special Angel.


Aileen,
You are brave and courageous.  I know that you accepted the challenge of being born in your body.  You weren't scared though, because you knew that Lois would give her life to take care of you.  You were willing to suffer through this life both to get a body and to teach compassion and sacrifice to others.  You are a Queen!  - Rebecca Albright


Aileen Brown has such a loving sweet spirit about her.  She looks at life with such a serene peaceful countenance that you know she has the pure love of Christ in her heart!


Aileen,
You are so special to your family, to our Heavenly Father, to our Savior, and to our Ward!  although there have never been words exchanged between us, I have felt your support and your love for me, and I am so grateful to know you.

You have an incredible spirit and a strong testimony that can be felt by those when they are around you.  I also think you are such an example of how the light of Christ can truly shine on our faces, and I thank you for being that example to me!  - Love, Kirsten Murphy

Aileen,
You are an amazing daughter of God and Heavenly Father has sent you here to teach us all to want to return to His presence to constantly be surrounded by spirits like yours.  You are a blessing to those around you and your testimony is one I hope to gain someday. 

Thank you for being an example to me!  - Love ya, Karin Havens

Thank you again for these wonderful messages to Aileen and I wish that each of you could have seen her face glow and even get a little bashful as she listened to her beautiful notes from you!!!

And from me.....I could not love and appreciate you more!!

No comments: