Saturday, August 18, 2012

Boogie on down to Tyler

When John first got accepted to his Graduate Assistant position in Tyler my friend, Anita Williams, was so excited for me, that my kids would be so close, that she said my favorite line ever......"You just get on 20 and boogie on down to Tyler!"  I laughed and have loved quoting her!!  And Friday after I got off work at noon, that is exactly what I did, was get on I-20 and boogied on down to Tyler because my daughter called and asked "If", funny that she asked "if",  I wanted to come and spend Friday afternoon and evening with her because John had to work late!!

When I got there we decided to go shopping!  For their 3rd Wedding Anniversary present they decided they wanted a Vacuum, isn't that what 3rd anniversary is?  Vacuums!  We found a great one at Target on sale, a Hoover Windtunnel, then we bought some maternity clothes.  We went to the mall and got Allison's hair cut and then found a maternity store and bought more maternity clothes, then we went to dinner at Chili's and then we were exhausted and headed back to their apartment and had a fun evening just catching up.....I think I talked Allison's ears off, she might not want me to come back, Ha-ha.  But we did have fun and then I got to see John for a little bit.  John is such a good son-in-law, he said, "I'm really worried about you driving tonight, you should sleep over and head back in the morning", because it was basically midnight when he got home.  So since it was their idea, I did sleepover on their blow-up mattress and head back this morning!

The only thing that would have made the day better is if Anne Marie would have been there with us!!  Anne Maire, I'll be planning a mother-daughter afternoon with you soon!!  I promise!!  And thanks to my wonderful, amazing husband Alan, for taking care of Aileen so I could do it!! Love you!!

No comments: