Sunday, August 5, 2012

Landin turns 5!!!

My nephew Landin turned 5!!  Yes, we had to celebrate!  And I'm not going to lie, my present was a huge hit and I loved it!! lol!!  I did not have boy children so I always feel such an accomplishment when I score big on gifts for boys!!

Two things helped me in the search for the perfect gift!  First, when Allison and I stopped by for a visit with Grandpa Clay before heading to Tyler to move her there, Landin had had a birthday party with the other side of the family and was wearing spider man accessories that made lots of fun noises and did I dont' know what, but he proudly showed them to me......so I thought, ok, this year he is into Spider man!!  Second, my sister Elizabeth told me that Walgreen's on the candy aisle have Star Wars Light Saber for like $3 or $4 that she had gotten just for fun for a boy in her Ward/Church and you would have thought it was the grandest most expensive present he ever got, she said.  So I went on the hunt for Spider man action figures and Star Wars Light Sabers.

Viola', it was a HUGE hit as you will see in all the pictures.  It just so happens that my present was opened first (not my doing, honest) and every picture you see after that he is holding the Light Saber no matter what else he is opening or eating...he will not put it down.  Like a good Aunt, I did get 2 others for his sisters, because what fun is it to have a Light Saber if you don't have anyone to play with!!  Bonus the bottom of the saber is filled with M&M's!!

 O.k., here we go....first present off the table......  Whoohoo Aunt Lois scores!!!
 Yes, we love the light saber so much, we really don't need to look any farther!!
 My sisters get the red ones, I want the blue one!
 Love the action figure can't wait to open it...but I am not letting go of the light saber!!
 Still in my hand.
 Yes, I have other presents that I love, but I'm not putting down the light saber!!
 Still holding it even though I am showing off my other presents!!
 It's also a great pointer!!
 It's vertical but its still in his hand.....
 And even though I am way excited about the box of Dinosaurs and I'm looking at what all is in this tub, I am not putting down the light saber!!
Ok, maybe when it comes to my cake, I will set it down on the table so I can blow out my candles!!  And yes, its a Spider Man ice cream cake!! Yummy!!

So I have to thank Allison and Elizabeth for helping me be a hit at the birthday party!!  Alan, Aileen, and myself, all had a really good time and Aileen was in heaven because "McDonald's is her kind of place".  Are you old enough to know that song from the long ago advertisements....."McDonald's is my kind of place, hap, hap, happy happy place.... etc"

Aileen, me, and Alan
Barbara, Dad, and David holding Emilin.

David and Emilin
Summer, Kaity, Landin, and Callie
Diana and Tootie, I can't believe I didn't get a picture Beverly!  So sorry Beverly!!

It was a great evening!!

No comments: