Sunday, August 19, 2012

Super Sunday!!

Today was a super Sunday, mainly because it is a Sunday, a day of rest, a day of worship and remembrance of the Savior and his Atonement, a day to partake of the sacrament and renew my covenants, and today's Sunday School lesson was on the 2,000 Stripling Warriors!  One of my favorite scripture stories in the Book of Mormon!  I love when the young men say "We did not doubt that our mother's knew it",

"They did not doubt, god would deliver them and rehearsed unto me the word of their mothers saying:  We do not doubt our mothers knew it." 

"They had been taught to believe that there was a just God and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power" 

"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness, .....they said unto me their mothers had taught them."

Yes my favorite.  And it was a great lesson today with lots of participation ending with the discussion about the famous scripture that says, "I will go and do what the Lord as Commanded" and with me adding to what that sister said and saying....and the best ending to that scripture is "I have gone and done"!!

Then the Haven's family came in and sang "We'll Bring the World his Truth" my all time favorite Primary song.  There are some other awesome songs that I love, of course, but this one has always been my favorite since the time I first taught in Primary as the Chorister!!  And I was particularly thrilled that the teenagers were willing to sing - it was absolutely perfect!!  McKenna and Landin sang verse one, then everyone would sing the chorus, then Kayla and Leyna sang the next verse, then everyone sang the chorus then Justin sang the last verse, and everyone sang the chorus, and there was not a dry eye in the classroom.  It was the perfect way to end just such a lesson!  Thank you Haven's!!

The Haven's family -(L to R) Leyna, Kayla, Justin, Makenna, and Landin
 
Picture is blurry, but I had awesome posters of the Mother's of the Stripling Warriors, and posters of the Stripling Warriors.

Then as is our new Sunday tradition we had Grandpa and Barbara over for dinner.  Aileen really looks forward to this and I'm not sure if it is because I actually cook a home cooked meal, or because she gets to see Grandpa and Grandma Barbara!!  I choose to believe its because of the grandparents, after all Aileen really is more about her family than anything else!!


Aileen helped me set the table, then had a little refreshment of Diet Coke while she waited!!


It was a great time to visit and catch up and I'm so grateful that Dad and Barbara are as happy to come over to dinner as we are to have them!!  Love you!!

No comments: