Friday, August 31, 2012

Organizing for Christmas!!!

Yes, I realize it's August, but I was asked to teach a class at our next months RS meeting (use to be called Enrichment Night, and before that use to be called Homemaking).  I have to be very honest and say when I first heard about the project I was not impressed and only because it was MaryAnn Stephens asking me to teach the class that I agreed to do it.  But tonight I made a sample to show the sisters on Sunday of what we will be doing to organize our Christmas season to make sure that our Christmas will be Christ Centered!!  And I love it and think its a fabulous project.....something you could do so much with.  I'm even thinking about making them for my girls with some of our family recipes and traditions already added in.

It's a writing composition book that we cover with cute Christmas fabric, and then add tabs for thngs like:

Calendar
Activities
Service
Budget
Recipes/Menu
Cards
Gift Lists
 Memories
Spiritual thoughts

And each tab has a quote about the savior and a picture.  I don't know where MaryAnn Stephens finds all these great ideas, I think Pintrest and blogs.......anyway, I hope everyone will get excited about this project and want to come and make it because I can't wait to start to use mine and get organized!!!

No comments: