Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aileen Brown is 24!!!!!

Today 24 yrs ago our precious Aileen was born. She was born 1 month and a few days after Alan's father had passed away on his birthday! She is named after her Grandma Brown because we wanted to honor Dad (her Grandpa Brown) because she had been born on his birthday! Later family said that they thought for sure we would name Aileen - Karla or Karlie or something along those lines since Dad's name was Karl. But we felt that best way to honor him would be to name her after the love of his life and the next life! I think he would have approved he did love Mom so!

Aileen came 2 1/2 months early and was very sick and weighed 2 lbs. 6 ozs. but through the Priesthood my husband holds and honors, I was promised and have been blessed to be her mother! She has been a blessing to our whole family and taught all of us about unconditional love, having compassion for others (I love that Allison and Anne Marie are shining examples of what Aileen has taught us in that area) she has taught us great love for our Savior and the Plan of Salvation. And I live for the day in the next life that I will be able to hear her speak and call me "Mom". Our family motto has been in our family prayers and throughout Aileen's life....."Please bless us to live our life so that we may be with Aileen".

I love you baby girl! You have made having an empty-nest bearable! I often tell her it is a good thing I have one daughter who knows where she belongs and does not abandon her mother like her other traitor children have!

Happy, Happy Birthday Aileen!

4 comments:

John and Allison said...

I love the slideshow! I'll be calling leeny to wish her a happy birthday!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Love the pics! Could you please email me them. Thanks. I called Leeny and Dad said she was smiling. I hope that his true. I hope she knows it was me calling her. Please tell her.

Cheree said...

Very cool slideshow. You have such an amazing family.

Zepp Family said...

Awesome post! I so admire your example and faith. The Brown family is truly one to be emulated after.

Happy Birthday Aileen! Love the story behind your beautifl name.