Thursday, March 26, 2009

Allison's engagement story! It's a cute one!

See picture of ring in previous post below! ( still don't know how to do that fancy linking where it's linked to one word on my post and you click on it and it takes you to the post...oh well, you will just have to look the old fashioned way!)

In Allison's words:

So this is the much wanted story... Here it goes... hold onto your seats people!!

So it was Tuesday evening and I arrived home from work/grocery store around 8:15 and John came over to my apartment. I had just eaten two pieces of pizza and two cookies (yes, I'm a pig). John then proceeded to convince me that we needed to go get some ice cream. I denied his request by saying I had just eaten a bunch of junk and did not need it. I offered the ice cream in our freezer, but he would have none of it, it HAD to be Dairy Queen. So he finally convinced me that I needed ice cream. So we commence to begin our journey down Canyon Rd. in Provo and as we are leaving the apartment, I put on my flip flops and John asks me, "It's kind of cold, are you sure you don't want something warmer?" and I, being the stubborn girl I am, ignored the comment and proceeded to get to the car. We arrive at Dairy Queen, get our wonderfully delicious frozen cream and we all of a sudden turn the opposite direction from our apartment complex. I of course didn't think anything of it because I just assumed John wanted to continue the discussion we were having. So we went to our favorite place on the Y-mountain, on a neighborhood circle.

Prior to this occasion, John and I, along with Logan and Abby (our amazing friends that are getting married in May) had gone up there during the day to watch the sunset. One of my favorite songs came on the radio and I asked John to dance with me. He refused, saying he was not a good dancer. I let it go, a little sad... it would have been so cute...

anyway-back to this night - we were up on the mountain and could see all of Provo with the amazing lights. We are talking and all of a sudden John says, “Do you want to know the real reason why I brought you up here?" I of course said yes, and he said "I want to dance with you." I was floored. It was so romantic and cute, I almost cried right there. So we find a song on the radio and he got out of the car, helped me out of the car and we start to dance. We are talking about how excited we were to get married and I reminded him that I didn't have a ring yet so I wasn't too sure if it was going to happen... Then he replied, "Well when do you want it?" and I said "Now would be wonderful" and he said, "Are you sure?" and I said, yes. So he gets down on his knee and I immediately thought it was fake. I was completely shocked and had no idea. He then pulled out the ring and I remember saying "Oh my gosh" a million times with tears streaming down my face. I stand there shocked and John then asked, "Are you going to say yes?" and I shouted YES! And then he gave me a big kiss...

There ya go!!!! Can't wait to start planning!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Awww...what a memorable story. Congrats to Allison (and the rest of the Brown family). So exciting!!

The Jacobson Family said...

That is really cute! How exciting to plan a wedding! Tell us a bit about John

Unknown said...

Sister Brown I am just so excited!!! How I wish that my husband and I still lived in Utah so we could see the wedding!! Oh, well, we will try to visit the "Rex's" when we go to Utah around Christmastime this year. Of course, now Allison & John have to decide how they're going to handle holidays where the families are in 2 different states. I really want to make Allison and John something special for their wedding. Do you know if Allison is still going to Texas this summer or what? I tried to send her a note on FB but she is so busy being engaged and all!

Lois Brown said...

yes, hillary she is still coming home to Texas until about the middle of July! I am excited too and I know you definately wish you could be with her!!!! These are exciting times!

Ryan & Kaci said...

Wow...how romantic! What a wonderful engagement story. CONGRATS Allison & John (& their FAMS). I love EVERYTHING about weddings. Good Luck planning!!

Ashley said...

How sweet!