Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm home again yay!

I am happy to be home, but I must say I had a very amazing and memorable trip to Utah to see my girls and to meet Allison's boyfriend John! I'll say what Grandpa Jay said to me after meeting John...."I don't know how she could have found anyone better!" He said more but that pretty much sums it up! And I agree I don't think she could! He is an amazing young man. Grandpa Jay also said, "Of course Allison is pretty amazing herself" which is nothing but the truth!

The weekend in Utah was wonderful but it had it's stressful moments as well!

Allison and John picked me up at the Airport and then we went back to Allison's apartment and I met all her room mates. Some are new from the last time I was there, so it was nice to get caught up!


At Allison's apartment with Roses that John gave her just because he hadn't given her flowers in awhile!

We all went to dinner at the Olive Garden and we really had a fun time laughing and telling stories and eating lots of good food!



Allison's room mates and John's best friend at "The Olive Garden" we didn't want John to have to be the only guy!

Saturday Anne Marie came down and we went shopping, then went through the drive-thru at Sonic, where they did not give me my debit card back and I didn't notice until we got to Salt Lake! Ugggh!
We decided to drive Anne Marie's car to take all of us including John to Grandma and Grandpa (Brown) Jackson's house where a lot of our Brown family was waiting to see us and meet John! But on the way to Ogden, Anne Marie's car broke down....and I don't mean just a little problem that can be fixed.....no I mean dead, as in not worth the money it would take to fix it dead! It threw a piston. Ugggh again!


Here we are broken down on the side of Hwy 89 on our way to Ogden!!!! But we remained as positive as possible and family did come and rescue us...but there was no rescuing this car!

But I do have to say, what a blessing it was for it to happen when I was with her and when we had lots of family to come and help us...how horrible it would have been if she had been all by herself when it happened!

We finally get to Grandma's and get to see all our family and dinner was fantastic! We had all the favorites! Nobody makes potato salad like Mom does and Mary Ann makes the best shrimp dip....Alan was way jealous and Allison ate the last bits of Potato salad......booo!








A visit at Grandma's would not be complete without playing Shang-hi...it's a Brown tradition and John picked it right up and even clobbered us at our own game! John won lots of respect with that!

Went to Church with Grandma and Grandpa.



We bought Anne Marie a new/used car.....2001 Pontiac Sunbird (I think that is what it is, I'm not a real car person, so who knows) Thanks Cousin Dee for owning car dealerships and helping us know what we were buying!

Then before I got on the plane Monday night to head back to Texas, I was able to have lunch with my/Alan's Aunts and Uncles in Ogden!



Monday it started snowing....but that was not what delayed the flight! The plane coming from Texas to Salt Lake that would have then been my flight had a problem in Texas so they had to switch planes and it made the flight an hour late. So instead of getting home at 8:00 pm, I got home at 10:00 pm! But we landed safely and I'm happy to see my Aileen and my sweetheart again!

I feel bad because Alan spoke in Sacrament on Sunday and I missed it. I'm sure he did a great job...but I would still like to hear from anyone how it went!

5 comments:

Cheree said...

Thanks for sharing your trip – looks like you had an awesome time (except for the car part – but hey, new cars are fun too!) :-)

Kim said...

Glad to hear the report of your Utah trip. It is always nice when you like the boyfriend AND when you have lots of family to visit. So glad you had a good time and that you got back home safely.

Unknown said...

Ah! I so wish I could have been there with you guys! It sounds like you had so much fun with your daughters and future S.I.L. I'm so happy for you.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oh how fun!!! You look like you had so much fun and go to see so many wonderful people!!! I'm glad you made it thru safely (gotta love car trouble :( ick).

And I just have to say that is so cute about the flowers from John. *sigh* I remember those days ;).

Glad you are back!!

Lois Brown said...

Thanks everyone! I missed you guys too!