Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm rambling on....

I am exhausted today! It has been a wild month so far I would have to say! I've already told you about my Dad's b-day, Aileen's b-day, our cars breaking down, the computer getting a virus. This week/weekend not only did I do the decorating for the Stake High Priest Social, my primary class had sharing time this week, my sister who lives in Rowlette, TX had a birthday that we needed to celebrate, my Parent's FHE group had their meeting at our home tonight so I had to make sure all was clean for that and last of all today was crazy at the Doctor's office that I work at - 1st day of spring break everyone wants to have their in-office surgeries so they have the week to recuperate! Whew!

However, I am very excited to leave on Friday to go and see my girls and meet Allison's boyfriend for the first time. Alan and I already really like him because of how happy our daughter is...but it will be great to meet him in person!

So I have been feeling guilty that i haven't sent my usual St. Patrick's Day care package to my college girls...but I figured I'm going to be there in 3 more days....so I hope they don't mind!

I also have to say, I love that "Dancing with the Stars" is back on. It really is my favorite show, other than "The Closer" and "Burn Notice". I'm so happy that the Bachelor's Melissa is doing so well! I was really angry at the Bachelor, Jason, for dumping her after asking her to marry him on the final live show! What a loser! and can I say as a mother of girls....it scares me! Which brings me to my last rambling

I am so grateful for the gospel in our life and for the way that most of our youth are grounded and have morals and standards and are making so many correct choices! And I see our young men willing to serve the Lord for two years, and our young women encouraging them and wanting them to do so as well. Then that gives me hope....and I don't worry about the Jason's out there so much!

4 comments:

Anne Marie's Blog said...

I thought you said you hated reality tv? Whats up? Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor are reality shows.

Lois Brown said...

I know...i'm getting caught up with a few of them and they are sucking me in! Thanks for keeping me honest Anne Marie! Love you!

Zepp Family said...

Oh, I totally share your sentiments in regards to the Bachelor, Jason and Melissa. I so wanted to make a post after the last airing of the show, but decided against it since it would have been a "heat of the moment" post, which is never a great idea.

Any who....that's great you get be with your girls. Can't wait to get the scoop on the new guy and all the other fun your trip entails.

Be safe :)

Lois Brown said...

Thanks Elizabeth! I'll do my best to have a great trip!