Friday, March 13, 2009

Stake High Priest Social - Was a blast!

A Blast from the Past that is.....That was the theme of the party. I was asked to decorate 20 tables and then another sister from 6th Ward did the other 20. It was very amazing because we knew the theme, but we were on our own for coming up with how we wanted to decorate and they went together so well that when we decorated every other table...with hers and mine it looked like we were brilliant and planned it that way! It really was fun to see it work out so very nicely. I spent every day this week working on these decorations, copying, cutting out, pasting, tinseling, putting everything on sticks and then wrapping the dowels with colorful pipe cleaners so they were just bare sticks...I know I'm crazy. The theme was blast from the past so I did 50's movies and TV shows along with sock hop/juke box kind of things with old 45's etc.... and I think they turned out very fun! One neat thing is that Anne Marie has given me a lot of cool DVD box sets for Christmas in the past so I had all the Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire movies and all the old Roger & Hammerstein musical movies, all the old James Bond movies with Sean Connery (my personal Fav) so I used those in my decorations as well and they added alot to my centerpieces without me having to do alot of work for the old TV shows and movies!


I really like how my centerpieces turned out....what do you think?

They had a live band that was pretty good.....at least they played all the oldie but goodie songs that Alan and I love so we sang along and...we danced!



It was probably the first time in a long time that we danced and I loved that it was Alan's idea! He is so good to me! Then he dance with Aileen! I loved that! So enjoy the pictures!

9 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds like it was a blast!! The table decorations are fantastic. You never go just half way, and I love that about you!

K said...

I'm glad you had fun!

K

Lois Brown said...

Thank you wonder woman... that meant alot that you said that! There are many things I love about you as well!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Love the pics! You did such a good job with the center pieces. So cute that Aileen and Daddy are dancing. Aww!!

~Rachel said...

The table decorations are great!
I can always keep up with what is happening in the ward by following your blog. Thank you.
Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts for us this past couple of weeks. You are so sweet. :)

Cheree said...

Love the decorations. Looks like you guys had a blast. How fun!

Zepp Family said...

You as so creative and over the top with all your efforts....awesome qualities!

The pic of Bro. Brown and Aileen really is too precious. Good times!

Lois Brown said...

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!

Cathy said...

While admiring the centerpieces, I wondered who to compliment. Now I know - of course it was Lois! Congratulations on a job excellently done! Cathy