Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

For Mother's Day I invited my family over to my home for a BBQ! I didn't stress out too much about the home (although if you know me it was very presentable) and Dad did the actual grilling of the steaks etc... and even though I was tired when it was over, it was a good tired and I felt like it had been an awesome Mother's day!!!
This is Alan's, Aileen's and my gift to Barbara for Mother's day......you guessed it a red "jelly" watch (it's what I am giving everyone this year, I love them so much ! In fact when I buy one of those jelly watches for someone else I have to buy one for me too! he-he!) and a red shirt. Elizabeth sent her a bouquet of tulips to her home.....Barbara showed us pictures she had taken of them.


Dad at the very old fashioned grill, but its what he likes and it does work!!! We had steaks, hamburgers and his famous grilled onions!!! Oh, my gosh, if you haven't ever had one of those, you are missing out!!!

Me and Daddy!

Barbara selecting her food items on her special day!


Alan taking care of Aileen so I don't have to, happy mother's day to me!!! Love this man!


Tootie and the girls digging into the great food!!!


My beautiful sister Elizabeth, and me!!! My camera broke, so she graciously took pictures for me......Also, another Happy Mother's Day to me!!!
Nephew, Logan Clay
Nephew Tytan Clay, who has decided he doesn't like his picture taken!!!
My awesome brother George! Who has to play both roles in his home so Happy Mother's Day to him! It's so hard being a single parent.
Aunt Tootie, who plays both roles in her home as well. We hope being with us helped your Mother's Day to be special.

My new brother, Chris Eldridge - thanks for sharing your mom with us!

It was a great day! My Gospel Doctrine lesson went well, the dinner went well, we visited with family, went to mom's grave site, celebrated that Heavenly Father has provided another earthly mother for us so that we will not be motherless! It was a great day!

No comments: