Saturday, May 14, 2011

Special mail to Aileen from her friend.....

At the beginning of this week I went to the mail box and found a letter for Aileen. We always try to make a big deal when Aileen gets mail because it is exciting for her to get something and its always fun to talk to her about how she must have a special friend that would write to her....
Dawn has been a special friend to Aileen and I love very much that she sent Aileen this letter. It's a "Hello Kittie" card. I asked Dawn if I could share her card with everyone! It was a very spiritual moment when I read it to Aileen.
"Aileen,
I've been thinking about you a lot the last few days. I just wanted to thank you for being such a good friend. You always bring a smile to my face whenever I see you. Some Sundays I feel so out of place and alone, it seems that when I feel that way you know. You catch on and either give me a hug or want to hold my hand. You'll sit next to me and remind me I'm not alone, that there are people who love me. You give me the courage and strength to keep going. I wanted to thank you for that. You are a special friend to me and I want you to know that I love you, I'm glad you and your family moved into our ward. The Lord knew I needed you. You have helped me more than anyone knows. It's your friendship that has made me press on when I feel like giving up. I wanted to say thank you and I love you.
Love Always, Your Friend,
Dawn"
Aileen and Dawn do have a special relationship. It has been fun to watch it unfold. One Sunday, Aileen just went up and hugged Dawn, and if you know Aileen, that is something because she doesn't tolerated hugs very well, so for her to initiate one is really something. Another Sunday Aileen directed me to where we were going to sit and it was next to Dawn! At a Wedding Reception my hands were full of plates of food for Aileen and myself and I was trying to have Aileen hang onto my arm and find our way around, when Aileen saw Dawn, went right to her and took hold of her and Dawn took her to find a table to sit at so we could sit down. There are many other things, but Aileen does know that she has a special friend in Dawn!
Thanks Dawn! I Love you Girl!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey Dawn,
You're awesome!
Love from Sister Hunter

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Lois! This is so touching and perfectly related to my musing today at Mona's Gospel Musings - I'm going to include a link it that's okay! Love you!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

opps - here's the link to the post with your link!

http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/

Lois Brown said...

Thanks Mona, Of course!!!