Monday, March 5, 2012

The birthday girl!!!


Grandpa's birthday was Saturday and Aileen's is today, so on Saturday night we celebrated both!! So I took a picture of the birthday kids together!!

It is so hard for me to believe that Aileen is 27!! It feels like yesterday that she was my cute little girl.......now she is my beautiful grown up girl.

Aileen is a gift from my Heavenly Father that I am so grateful for! I'm grateful that he trusted me and our family to take care of her, love her, and learn from her!! And I trust that when the Savior comes again, Aileen and I will get to talk about and remember so many things!!

She is so fun to have around now that we are empty-nesters, we don't have to be so lonely!! And I think she likes being the center of our life.....but she misses her sisters and John!!

She is showing more and more of her brilliance and personality as time goes by, she ran laughing away from her Dad when he was trying to keep her from getting into dinner before he was ready for her. Dad could not catch her!! so funny!!

She knows how to get her message across even without words!! And the cutest thing lately is sometimes she will come downstairs late at night and stand at our bedroom door, like she is wanting to come in and get in bed with us but not sure how to let us know.....but all we have to say is "Aileen do you want to sleep with us tonight and she comes right in and gets in the bed and snuggles down and goes right to sleep!! Those have been some of my most precious moments of late.

When her sisters and John called to say happy birthday, she listened intently on the phone and never pushed it away or got tired of hearing their voices!! Same with Grandma Brown when she called she didn't want the call to stop!! And she loves Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Clay and always acts so grown up around them. I know that she has special conversations with Grandpa Brown and Grandma Clay who I know visit and look after her from the other side!!

We love you Aileen!! So happy you are in our life!! It would not be the same without you!!

No comments: