Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Sure Cure......

If you are looking for a sure cure of the "down in the dumps", or wondering why "Life has to be so hard" or lacking patience with the trial you are currently facing and wondering why you are still going through it even though you are sure, you have learned all you are suppose to learn (yes, the 3rd one is me). Watch the movie "Soul Surfer". We own it and Alan loves to watch it because of her faith in Jesus Christ, and its a true story, and the way that she is not willing to give up, etc., etc..... so I have seen it many times, but....

In getting spiritually ready for answers to my questions and concerns that I have for this upcoming General Conference for our church I feel that it was no accident that last night while Alan was out doing splits with the missionaries, Aileen and I came across this movie while we were watching TV - so we watched it..... and was spiritually fed even before I started listening to our prophets and apostles today!!

I really hope that I can explain in words how this just made me admit once again, there are so many more people with bigger problems out there then me! And that me and my family are so truly blessed. That my Savior is there to ease my burdens, that my Heavenly Father is aware of all that me or any of us are enduring.....and that it is for our own good, and if we take on these challenges and trials and grow in faith and pass through them with courage and even more faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ then great miracles and blessings do come!!!


Picture from:
http://www.grindtv.com/athlete/bethany-hamilton/

If you would like to see the real "Soul Surfer" go here !! Thank you Bethany, for your example of enduring through trials and challenges. In the behind the scenes extra features to this movie the director said that the family wanted to be sure that they were accurate with two aspects of this movie....that their religious belief's had to be portrayed accurately and the surfing!! I love that!

And I have to say..... what a way to start General Conference weekend!!

No comments: