Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Aileen and Dawn!

Aileen and Dawn have had a really special friendship and I am so grateful for the love that they have for one another!  Dawn wrote an awesome letter to Aileen and with her permission I am recording it for our Family History since I print out my blog each year as my journal/personal history for that year!  I have been the best at keeping a record/journal of things since I started blogging and learned that you could turn it into a book!  This is definitely something we want in our journal.  Thank you Dawn.  You are an angel!

"Aileen,

I had this dream the other night, you and I were in this long hallway.  We sat there talking and you reached for my hand and said, "Thank you for being my friend.  for always being kind to me, never making me feel as if I was out of place, for loving me and never looking at me like I was different."  You then looked me deep in my eyes almost as if you were looking into my heart and said, "one day you won't feel the pain that I know you do, we will be able to walk around hand in hand and dance in joy"

I had to let you know that you (Aileen) were the one who was a friend to me.  for always knowing when the bad days were here even if I had a giggle and a smile, YOU always somehow knew I needed a hug.  You never said I walk funny, or what is that stuff on your head.  You would hold my hand in class and always were my true friend.  I told you I don't know how to really dance because I've been hurting since I was a teen and any fast movement I try to avoid.  As soon as we finished talking I woke up.

There have been a lot of things going on in my life, 3 family members have passed away in 4 days.  A major upset in the family, failing health in people I love and care about deeply.  None of the people I am talking about are members of the church and do not understand nor care to know about the church.

I'm dealing with my own health setbacks, feeling like things are never going to change or get better than something else comes up.

I remember when I woke up I had a deep feeling of love and a great understanding that even though things are hard right now and we don't understand why, in the end things will be o.k. and knowing that I am a daughter of God means I am worth everything in the world.  It was a peaceful feeling, something I've not felt in so long.  Your words in that dream gave me the strength to make it through another day.  I know when we make it to Heaven our bodies will be made whole, that everything will be o.k, but I had forgotten or maybe even stopped believing that.  So once again, I'm the one who is blessed to have you as a friend.  You have given me so much more than anyone will even know.

When I think about the Young Women and how they say we are daughters of our Heavenly Father who love us.  I feel so blessed to be his daughter and have that understanding that no matter how off I get He is always there waiting to take me back.

....thank you, thank you for being you and always being my friend and being a great example for me.  I love you.

Love, Dawn"

No comments: