Monday, July 30, 2012

Watching the Olympics and thinking of Sarah!

The 2012 Olympics are underway and we always enjoy watching the different athletes trying to win gold and do their country proud!  the first few days have been about swimming and as I have been watching these young men and women I have been thinking about my niece Sarah!  This last summer she became a member of a swimming team because a couple of her friends invited her to, and so she did.  Ruth, (my sister) tells me that when they (her and her husband, my brother-in-law John) went to her first heet, they looked at each other and said, "Did you know she could do this?"  I guess they had no idea that she had a natural talent for this nor how good she really was.  Go Sarah!!  And in Atlanta, where they live and we use to live, I know for a fact that Swimming is a big deal!  Almost as big as football or maybe more so!






Sara has proudly told me that she has won 1 first place ribbon, 2 second place ribbons, and 4 best of times and if I have said that wrong, please correct me Sarah and Ruth!!  But we are proud of her and maybe she will be the next Dana Vollmer who just won the Gold Medal last night and set a new world record!  I know we Texans are proud of Dana's accomplishment.

Photo courtesy of http://www.nbcolympics.com/: Dana Vollmer of the U.S. swims in the women's 100m butterfly final.

No comments: