Monday, July 2, 2012

An awesome memory!!

At Ashley Morgan's wedding Saturday there was a special memory that made me cry as I watched it unfold and I wanted to remember it.

The Morgan's - Rachel and Mike - have just recently moved out of our Ward, to the Burleson Ward and we are very sad about that but are grateful for the friendship, experiences, and memories that we have with their family in different callings etc...

After Rachel came in as the mother of the Bride, bringing down the aisle all 3 of her disabled children by herself, I asked if I could hold Jacob for her....because Hannah was a handful, and Noah was sitting still, but Jacob was climbing all over and bugging Noah, you know how it goes....so Rachel and I lifted Jacob back over the bench to me to hold for her so that After Mike walked Ashley down the aisle they would be able to actually watch their daughter get married!!

During the ceremony, when the Bishop was talking to them about marriage one of the statements he made was that you have to keep the excitement of first meeting and first dating alive in your marriage.....at which point Mike looked at Rachel and smiled, you know that smile, and Rachel beamed back....you know that beam and he reached over and touched her arm (because you remember they had 2 children between them lol!) and I thought isn't it great after all these years they still feel that excitement!! It was a tender moment. Later when I talked to Rachel, she said that you would think that it was Mike and her getting married and not their daughter as romantic as he has been giving her roses etc... I loved that!! What great examples of being young and in love no matter how long you have been married, no matter how many children you have, and no matter what challenges we have to face in this life!!

Thank you!

1 comment:

~Rachel said...

Thank you soooo much for coming to the rescue. I love how you are always looking for the possitive, fun and beauty in life.