Sunday, July 1, 2012

It takes a village.....

So, I have to laugh sometimes because, it really takes a village to make Lois look good and be in style!! It started with Allison's wedding, 3 yrs ago where my sister and Allison said I needed to get my hairstyle updated and colored.....I guess they thought my gray hair was not attractive, go figure!! And I will admit that when we lived in Kansas, we had a pool and lived at it all summer and so I was tan.....and stopped wearing makeup because when your tan, you can do that, just a little eye makeup and your good! But guess what, I'm not tan any more and with teaching early morning seminary for so many years (7), I was lucky to be dressed and my hair fixed and greeting everyone happily at the door at 5:45 in the morning! Then my friend a couple of years ago MaryAnn got new makeup (not MaryKay but something natural and stunning on her, just perfect), and she was a non make-up wearer before then. I decided I had to call Tootie (Barbara's sister), and order all new MaryKay so that I could start wearing makeup again....because I use to wear MaryKay and loved it. I'm amazed how that really does affect your self esteem to wear makeup. Then my friend Becky would pick up jewelry and drop it by my house and say, i saw this and it made me think of you so I had to get it.......another friend, Ashley, introduced me to "Compass Trading" where you can get the most current style of jewelry at a low price so you could buy more pieces and pretty soon, I was wearing the clunky necklaces and earrings that are so in style right now. The funny thing about all this is......that I was such a fashion girl when I was younger, people use to always comment on my outfits, shoes, etc... I was always in style. It was really kind of funny that I moved to Ft. Worth, and it kind of all went away. I know some of it was because of my energy being used in just surviving the situation we were in and quite frankly when we went shopping for things it was for my girls who were still at home and in High School, and not me. I also changed sizes a couple of times and then your clothes don't fit, and you really can't afford to replace them....etc, etc., etc.  I kind of became the dowdy woman that I swore when I was younger that I would never become.  I learned in this life...never swear your not going to do something lol!! I have always been the believer that no matter what size you are you can still look good, but I had kind of forgotten!!


The reason, for this post, is that one of the things that Becky just dropped by one day "because she thought of me when she saw it" was this huge ring....these are all the rage right now and I wore it Sunday and got so many compliments on it, I had to laugh.....it really does take a village to make me look good! Thank heavens for friends and family that love me and care!!

 

No comments: