Saturday, July 21, 2012

Secret Garden Luncheon!!

Yesterday my friends got together to celebrate my birthday!!  I know my birthday was last month, but we are running about a month behind celebrating birthdays!!  So MaryAnn, Becky, Carol, and Sara all got together at Secret Garden Tea Room for lunch.  They have such good food and I am a total antique freak lover, that it was the perfect place for us to get together!!  MaryAnn told everyone to wear hats, like an old fashion tea party and one of my gifts from MaryAnn and Sara was my hat!!  Becky told me later that MaryAnn was trying to find white gloves for us all too, but she couldn't find any!!  If I had know, I actually have gloves in my costume box!  Because that would have totally finished off the fun of this lunch!  I also loved that Sara, past seminary student, was in town visiting from Cuba so that she could come and be apart of my fun day!!



Anita Williams was all set to come and help celebrate too, but her husband stayed home sick that day with ankle spurs, and if anyone understands how painful those are, it would be me, ya know because I work for a Podiatrist!!  She was where she needed to be taking care of her husband, but I missed her and she did drop off a present anyway!! How sweet is that!!  And I'm really excited about her gift its those new fake camisole things that hook to your bra that they advertise on T.V. that are perfect for being modest with today's fashions without having to wear layers of shirts!!  I'm excited to try them out!!  Great gift idea!!

Anita and I at a different celebration but I wanted to put her picture in this post!!

Carol gave me a beautiful card (which is all I really wanted from everyone, so thank you, not that I don't love my gifts, but a card is really all it takes to make my day)

MaryAnn and Sara gave me the first of the new "It" book and a travel organizer for my jewelry for traveling.  We have gone on several trips together and she remembered that I wished I had something like that....she has a long memory!  Love it.  And of course my great hat!


Becky gave me a beautiful hummingbird night light, and when she picked me up to take me to the luncheon, she had a bouquet of roses for me.....so sweet!!  And some anti-wrinkle cream....now, that's a friend!!  lol!!



Then after lunch Becky and I looked all around at the antiques, it has been a long time since I have gone antique shopping it was like going home!!  Thanks MaryAnn for planning such a great lunch!

Thursday night, Shawna, Becky and I went to the midnight showing of the new Batman movie and it was awesome!! Love, love, love the ending!!  And Shawna gave me my gift at the movie because she could not come to the luncheon, and it was perfect....a cute teacup because she couldn't come to lunch at the tea room!!  How cute is that!!


At the movie at Midnight with all the crazy teenagers!!  Saw some great catwoman and batman costumes.

Great way to start my Friday of celebrating!!  LOVED IT!!

No comments: