Wednesday, July 11, 2012

He got the job!!!

Yay!  Yahoo!  Hooray! and any other excitement word you can think of!!  He got the job!!  Wow, it has been a long year, but still so many blessings throughout it all.  We really do have a magnificent, merciful, and loving Heavenly Father!!

Alan starts work tomorrow as the Community Relations Manager for a Fortune 500 company and we could not be more thrilled! 

I don't think either of us thought it would take this long after being laid off, to find another job.  But we have learned a lot a long the way and have found out that we can do it.  Being out of debt is why we could, and I'm so glad we worked so hard and long to do that.  It was hard when you see others going on trips, buying new furniture, big new homes, really fancy cars etc.... and remember when you had those things too... but when this new trial came into our life we could not have been more pleased that we had worked so hard to be out of debt!

I was talking with a friend of mine from High School, just the other day, and I didn't know that her husband had been laid off and unemployed for 18 months!!  And she is not the only one of our friends that has experienced this.  This economy is terrible and I'm not sure how or when its going to get better!!  But a comment she made, I felt was so true, and had not really realized that it is effecting our generation so much!!  She said "It is just crazy how many people our age have been through lay offs."  It's even more frustrating when you realize these are all highly educated people who got the education for job security!!

The Bishop challenged our Ward/Congregation to do name extractions for Genealogy for the church with a couple of other challenges about having a family name ready to have the youth take to the temple for Baptisms, and then the Adults to be ready to take that name to the temple for endowment.  And I went home from that meeting wanting and planning to do this challenge but my prayers and heart was still so consumed with Alan getting a job.  Then, a couple of days after Sacrament meeting during my prayers and pleadings to my Heavenly Father, the thought came to me, if we would follow through with the Bishop's challenge that it might be the thing that would make the blessing of a job come to pass.  So I shared this feeling with Alan and he said that o.k, he would do it.  Well, the month of June was coming to the end and I asked if Alan had done his batch of names, and he said, that no he hadn't but that he was planning on doing it the next day.

The next day, he downloaded a batch of names and was in the middle of working through it when the phone call came about a job interview with the Company that he is now going to be working for.  And even more of a miracle, it wasn't anything he had applied for, they found him and called him.  They say the new way to look for jobs is to be linked in on the Internet so that employers can find you because they aren't even putting jobs up for applications anymore, they are just searching for people that they think will fit the job....I'm not sure I believed that before, but I am a believer now!!!  And I am so grateful that when prompted that Alan and I were willing to move forward and follow through.  We have had a year of trying to listen to the promptings from the Holy Ghost, and giving service, and striving to remain strong and faithful and even though I would have never believed it would have taken this long, we have learned so much about, trust, faith, commitment, testimony, service, love, and so many other things.

Funny story, I opened a fortune cookie in January or February that said something to the fact that all my worries and concerns would be resolved by end of summer!!  I looked at that and said, "Really?, Not until the end of summer!!  That long really?"  But here it is July and we have a job, Allison is expecting, John got his Master's Program Internship, Anne Marie's health is good and has a better living arrangement!!  We have been truly blessed! 

And I want to thank our family and friends for their constant love and positive thinking and support through this time in our life!