Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hot, hot, hot....

You may think I'm talking about the weather.....but you'd be wrong!!  Thursday was Alan's first day at his new job.  We did go shopping and get some new "business casual" because for the most part that is what is required for his job, and when he got ready and was heading out the door for work.....not going to lie, he looked hot, hot, hot!!  So happy and very blessed for Alan to be back to work!

We celebrated with Aileen on Friday at Salt Grass, because if you are going to celebrate something special, you go to Salt Grass!!  The steaks were delish, and Aileen liked being with us on our date!!  This morning (Sat.) Alan is at the Temple, thanking Heavenly Father in person!!  Wish I could have gone to our Ward Temple day as well, but I have got to find someone that is comfortable watching Aileen so I can.  It's hard to take turns, but grateful that we can take turns, its better than not being able to go at all!!  Yes?  Yes!!

picture from: Salt Grass.com
Only two weeks and John and Allison will be moving to Tyler, Tx and will be close by.  Can't wait.  Loved that all our kids called to see how Dad's first day went at work!  It is really humbling sometimes to realize you have and have raised such amazing children!  In fact Allison and John called Friday earlier in the evening (While Anne Marie would be working) and after they hung up, I said to Alan, "You, know that Anne Marie will be calling when she gets off work?"  and he said, "Yeah, I know!"  kind of cool that we both new that all of them would call!

Last Saturday, I started unpacking all the boxes out of our Garage, and sorted through what we are keeping and what we are throwing out!!  I know we moved in 2 yrs ago and this is a long time in coming...but you must admit there has been a lot going on.....but also, that this was an unusual move in.  I had to move all my parents stuff out, before I could start moving my stuff in.  I'm thrilled with getting a lot of things out, especially family photos, that I have been missing!!  And I hope to get more done today!!

Oh, and we do live in Texas, and it's July, so of course it is hot, hot, hot!!!

No comments: