Monday, July 2, 2012

Father's day - I'm slow I know

This year for Father's Day, for the first time that I have ever seen in any of the Wards that we have lived in, our ward gave out a special treat for Fathers!! Barbara my step mom, is the Relief Society president and she and her presidency made these cute candy bar covers and then they had Sister Pruitt who makes the best cookies and brownies that you have ever tasted in your life and I mean that, she made cookies for them as well! I was so excited for Alan and all the father's that they had done this in our Ward!!


It was really clever, my pictures didn't turn out the best, but you get the idea!! I love the ingredients on the back!! Barbara is so creative about so many things and has always been very thoughtful.

Ingredients:  Bravery, Courage, Hard Working, Toughness, and Fun mixed with just the right amount of Sweetness.


This past Christmas eve, Dad told all of us the health issues he has been facing and said that he thinks that he probably isn't going to make it more than about 5 yrs....that he is living on borrowed time. Well, we all kind of freaked out....but I will tell you it has made us all more aware of the need to spend as much time with him and visit him as often as we can. Plus I want my children to spend as much time with there Grandpa so they have lots of good memories! So, I have started having Dad and Barbara over for Sunday dinner for several reasons - 1) for the reason I just told you about, 2) It makes me cook a nice Sunday dinner that I have kind of gotten out of the habit of doing as empty nesters and I know that Aileen really appreciates that  lol!! 3) That's really what the Sabbath was and is for me.....family dinners on Sunday! It's a tradition that needs to be rejuvenated and brought back to life again! - and Bonus - it gives me the fun of using all my many different dishes!!

 Aileen waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to come.....oh, and she ate all the rolls when I wasn't looking...little stinker!!


No comments: