Thursday, July 19, 2012

Its been a while.......


It's been a while that I have taken Aileen to see Grandma's grave!  I have stopped in quickly just to say hi on my own or on the way out of town with John & Allison so they could stop by.....but when I have Aileen in the car when we are going down Crowley Road we are always on the way to somewhere and trying to meet a schedule.  So, a couple of weeks ago when we drove to Dallas to go the the LDS Bookstore we drove past the cemetery on the way to Dallas and then we drove by on the way back from Dallas.  And on the way back from Dallas as we were coming to a turn in to the cemetery Aileen starts going crazy with her noisy screaming, flapping, and rocking that she does when she is angry or upset about something....and it always scares you to death, because there is no warning, and just seems to come from nowhere!  So as I'm trying to calm her down even though my seat belt limits what I can do, I point to the entrance to the Cemetery and Alan pulls in and we both say at the same time, maybe she wants to see Grandma!!  So we drive to where she is buried and we take her over to talk to Grandma.  And she is as calm as can be and likes just standing there looking at Grandma's grave while I talk to Grandma and say things like, I know that you are watching out for Aileen and that you know that she is doing good, I say things like we miss and think about you all the time, that we love you etc...  Then when Aileen was ready to go we all headed to the car.  It obviously was important for her to talk to Grandma.  And it may have been important for her to see that we haven't forgotten her!  As if we ever could, but maybe Aileen doesn't know that.  And Aileen wanted to make sure we remember!!  WE REMEMBER YOU GRANDMA and love and miss you so very much!!  Love you Mom!

This picture is of the first Mother's day after her passing but I thought it was a nice one to go with this post since I didn't take picture the day of this post.

No comments: